Technology: 3th TechnoHeritage Congress
TechnoHeritage 2017, that is the 3rd International Congress Science and Technology for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage, will be take place in Càdiz, ES, on May 21-24 2017.
The Spanish Network of Science and Technology for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage is the organizer of the event. E-RIHS partners are part of the scientific committee.
This time, the goal of the TechnoHeritage 2017 Congress is to promote an interdisciplinary forum to discuss all aspects of Cultural Heritage conservation. Therefore, specific aims of the congress are to:
- stimulate cooperation and integration between otherwise heterogeneous fields (professionals and researchers from scientific, conservation-restoration and architecture areas)
- promote networking among European research teams facing Horizon 2020
- provide a comprehensive, up-to-date and state of the art picture.
In detail, the topics are significantly six:
T1. Deterioration of Cultural Heritage
- Environmental Assessment and Monitoring (Pollution, Climate Change, Natural Events)
- Agents and Mechanisms of Decay (Physical, Chemical and Biological)
T2. Nanomaterials and other Products for Conservation
- Cleaning products, Consolidants, Hydrophobic and Superhydrophobic products, Self-cleaning and Anti-graffiti agents, Biocides and Depollutant products
T3. New Technologies for Analysis, GPR applications, Protection and Conservation
- Non-Invasive Technologies, Security Technologies, Remote Sensing and G.I.S, UAV systems (i.e. drones) and 3D Laser scanning
T4. Underwater Cultural Heritage
- Protection and Conservation of archaeological sites, buildings and wrecks
- Evaluation of Underwater Decay
T5. 20th Century Cultural Heritage
- Conservation of Concretes, Contemporary Art and other modern Materials
- Preservation of Industrial Heritage
T6. Significance of Cultural Heritage
- Policies for Conservation
- Social Value
In order to have further information, see the website: http://technoheritage2017.uca.es/
Surely, you can find the detailed programme and information about the location.