Technart 2017: international congress on non-destructive and microanalytical techniques in art and cultural heritage
TECHNART 2017 is an international congress on “Non-destructive and microanalytical techniques in art and cultural heritage”. It will be held in Bilbao, PT, on May, 2-6 2017.
In brief, the aim of this congress is to provide a scientific forum to present and promote the use of analytical techniques in the field of cultural heritage. The congress builds on the momentum of the previous TECHNART editions of Lisbon, Athens, Berlin, Amsterdam and Catania. Thus, it offers an outstanding and unique opportunity for exchanging knowledge on leading edge developments. Cultural heritage studies are interpreted in a broad sense, including pigments, stones, metals, glass, ceramics, chemiometrics on artwork studies, resins, fibers, forensic applications in art, history, archaeology and conservation science.
In detail, conference topics are:
- X-ray analysis (XRF, PIXE, XRD, SEM-EDX)
- Confocal X-ray microscopy (3D Micro-XRF, 3D Micro-PIXE)
- Synchrotron, ion beam and neutron based techniques/instrumentation
- FT-IR and Raman spectroscopy
- UV-Vis and NIR absorption/reflectance and fluorescence
- Laser-based analytical techniques (LIBS, etc)
- Magnetic resonance techniques
- Chromatography (GC, HPLC) and mass spectrometry
- Optical imaging and coherence techniques
- Mobile spectrometry and remote sensing
Due to their relevant expertise, E-RIHS partners are part of the international scientific committee of the conference.
Furthermore, you can find detailed information in the website.