International symposium: “Heritage Science: the role of research infrastructures”
Mexico City, Institute of Physics UNAM, Jaidar Auditorium, 3-4 December 2018
The International Symposium on “Heritage Science: the Role of Research Infrastructures” was co-organised by the Integrated Platform for the European Research Infrastructure on Cultural Heritage (IPERION-CH), the European Research Infrastructure for Heritage Science (E-RIHS PP), the National Laboratory of Sciences for Research and Conservation of Cultural Heritage (LANCIC) and the Mexican CONACYT Network of applied Sciences for Research and Conservation of Cultural Heritage (CAICPC Network) with support of the Institute of Physics of the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM) and the National Council for Science and Technology of Mexico (CONACYT) on December 3- 4, 2018 in Mexico City, Mexico.
It brought together policy makers from Europe (EU) and Latin America and Caribbean – (LAC), researchers from prestigious institutions and managers of research infrastructures of global relevance.
The participants discussed about:
- Discover the landscape of heritage science in Latin America and Caribbean and Europe,
- Identify cooperation opportunities offered by the European Union Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation,
- Explore best practice in bilateral cooperation,
- Learn about access to Mexican and European research infrastructures: large scale, mobile, archive and data facilities,
- Get to know about projects on data and heritage science, innovative instruments and methods for integrated approaches to HS analysis and diagnostics, advancing diagnostics for intervention in conservation, HS education and training,
- Discuss the way forward for LAC/EU cooperation in Heritage Science.