International symposium: “Heritage Science: the role of research infrastructures”
Belo Horizonte, Federal University of Minas Gerais – Campus Pampulha, 29-30 November 2018
The International Symposium on “Heritage Science: the role of research infrastructures” was co-organised by IPERION-CH, E-RIHS PP and the Federal University of Minas Gerais on November 29-30, 2018, Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
It brought together policy makers from Europe and South America (Brazil, Argentina, …), researchers from prestigious institutions and managers of research infrastructures of global relevance.
The participants discussed about:
- discover the landscape of heritage science in South America and Europe,
- identify cooperation opportunities offered by the European Union Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation,
- explore best practice in bilateral cooperation,
- learn about access to European research infrastructures: large scale, mobile, archive and data facilities,
- get to know about projects on data and heritage science, innovative instruments and methods for integrated approaches to HS analysis and diagnostics, advancing diagnostics for intervention in conservation, HS education and training,
- discuss the way forward for South American/EU cooperation in Heritage Science.