The 12th Iberian Congress of Archaeometry will be held between October 25th and 27th at the Centro Nacional de Investigación sobre la Evolución Humana (CENIEH) in Burgos.
Archaeometry conference: An opportunity to discuss about technological application to heritage
The Centro Nacional de Investigación sobre la Evolución Humana (CENIEH) in Burgos will host the 12th Iberian Congress of Archaeometry between October 25th and 27th. The Iberian archaeometry community will meet to discuss the technological advances and their possible applications to heritage.
The event will take place in Burgos, whose heritage also includes three UNESCO world heritage sites: the Cathedral of Burgos, the Route of Santiago de Compostela and the Archaeological Site of Atapuerca. Close to the Cathedral a more modern landmark lies, that is the Complejo de la Evolución Humana. The prestigious architect Juan Navarro Baldeweg designed this building. In particular, the complex comprises the Centro Nacional de Investigación sobre la Evolución Humana (CENIEH), where this Congress will take place.
In detail, the goals of the conference are to:
- present the main results of their archaeometric research projects conducted within the Iberian Peninsula
- share experiences amongst researchers of different disciplines in the field of archaeometry
- foster collaboration and the creation of interdisciplinary groups to study the cultural heritage
- spread amongst the scientific, academic, business and administration community the research works and activities
- show the Unique Scientific and Technical Infrastructures (ICTS) as key infrastructures for the advancement of the archaeometric studies.
Finally, please visit the website https://en.cia2017.com/ to have further information and watch at the programme.